United Airlines Analyst – IT Cyber Security in Chicago, Illinois
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Analyst – IT Cyber Security / Vulnerability Remediation Management function within United’s Security Risk & Compliance (SRC) group is responsible for assisting teams to meet compliance and organizational patch governance requirements. You will interact directly with stakeholders to address issues related to vulnerability scans. You will facilitate remediation, by partnering with stakeholders to aid their understanding of vulnerability scan reports and provide guidance on the proper handling of security threats. You will evaluate disputes and discrepancies, and conduct analysis of vulnerabilities to properly prioritize, classify and record findings.
• Review daily results from vulnerability scanners and security teams and processes, identify vulnerabilities and exposures
• Utilize security data to rank, categorize and prioritize findings in close partnership with peer groups in IT security
• Assist stakeholders with interpretation of their vulnerability scan reports
• Evaluate mitigations, risk acceptance, and disputed claims and initiate processes as required
• Research vulnerabilities with intellectual curiosity and critical thinking
• Develop and communicate impactful reports and operational metrics
• BS Degree or relative work experience
• 3+ Years of IT Experience
• 1+ Years of Security Experience in IT security vulnerability management
• Working Knowledge of scanning technologies, Qualys preferred
• Working Knowledge Vulnerability Management products
• Working Knowledge of scripting, data analytics, and SQL programming concepts
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
• Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
• Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
• Working experience hands-on with vulnerability scanner technologies such as Qualys, Nessus, Rapid7
• Working experience with exploitability analysis such as Ethical Hacking
• SQL and scripting programming experience
• Demonstrable knowledge of; business process security, data security and classification, infrastructure design, authorization, access control security, risk analysis/management, compliance concepts (PCI, GDPR, etc.), network design, and assessing mitigating controls.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Division: 47 Technology/IT
Function: Information Technology
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled