United Airlines Manager– IT Application Development in Chicago, Illinois
This role can be in Chicago, Houston or Cerritos, Ca
Manager Application Development – Passenger Service System (PSS)
As we transform our core customer technology platforms, we invite you to join the leadership team in enabling the journey!
The primary purpose of the Manager IT Application Development - PSS (Passenger Services System) position is to provide the day-to-day supervision of a TPF (IBM-Transaction Processing Facility) delivery team in the development, implementation and maintenance of United's PSS Platform (SHARES). This technical leadership role is accountable for developing the team, managing high quality delivery of critical enterprise projects on schedule, managing service levels for production support and timely responses to production defects or critical incidents.
• Maintain effective working relationships with key business and technical stakeholders
• Act as the key point of contact for the team, and manages the work intake, estimation, prioritization and delivery roadmap
• Responsible for escalating, assisting and following-through on resolution of issues related to delivery of technology solutions
• Engage and ensure effective and timely delivery of deliverables and tasks
• Keep lines of communications open and communicate emerging issues, risks and progress in a timely manner with other leaders and stakeholders
Delivery / Support
• Manages and prioritizes the work of a team of TPF programmers in functional area.
• Lead or coordinate application design for projects and provide detailed cost estimates, resource plans and schedules to project management teams
• Accountable for ensuring technology solutions comply with architectural standards
• Responsible for organizing and maintaining performance of any application issues in accordance with agreed SLA
• Decision making responsibility within the discipline and escalates any issues which cannot be resolved to the Sr. Manager, Application Development
People & Administrative Functions:
• Define, prioritize, allocate resources, track and provide status reporting of work assignments, projects, programs
• Resource management for the projects/programs – including managing delivery through and performance of third-party suppliers
• Performance management and development of the team members
• Responsible for department and individual performance assessments and improvement plans.
Education / Certification
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology or Business or equivalent experience, education, or training.
• In-depth knowledge of one or more PSS functional areas
• General knowledge of airline PSS systems, functionality, and industry standards
• Proven expertise in the design and maintenance of TPF solutions
• 3+ Years of applications production support experience, including 1+ at the Manager level
•Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
•Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
•Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
• Awareness of industry standards and best practices
• Knowledge of other PSS platforms (e.g. Sabre, Amadeus, Travelport)
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Division: 47 Technology/IT
Function: Information Technology
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled