United Airlines Project Manager - IT in Chicago, Illinois
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Responsible for managing complex and cross-functional projects in the Customer Travel Solutions Portfolio supporting the Commercial Digital Technology PMO and the Digital Delivery Center. These projects will enable United to deliver tools and technology to improve the customer experience through-out the customer’s journey through various digital channels. This work tends to cross into many IT and business lines so it requires coordination and influence.
• Status updates: manage communication to all groups including working team, stakeholders, peripheral teams and executive sponsors. Create updates and deliver updates when appropriate
• Project scope: understand the project ask, requirements gathering and definitions, dive into root cause including processes and potential business improvements and ensure all stages of project are met (requirements, design, funding, build, etc.).
• Financials: Accomplishes financial objectives by getting approvals from business and IT stakeholders, build business case, submit accurate monthly forecasts, manage the budget through forecasting requirements, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
• Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, related field or equivalent experience required.
• PMP certification is a plus.
• Minimum 2-5 years of IT and/or business experience or any equivalent experience with a diverse work group in both IT Project Management and/or related industry experience.
• Team oriented, self-managed, eager to learn and ability to multi-task.
• Professional communication skills in a business environment required.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Ability to work and think independently with minimal supervision; demonstrate business acumen ability.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite or 365 with a strong emphasis in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Sharepoint, and Project Management Tools - JIRA, MS Project and PlanPlus.
• Standard Project Management, Business Process Management and Quality assurance methodology and practices with the ability to lead and delegate tasks translating planning into action by following applicable established procedures or methodologies, proactively monitors and controls task status by collecting and analyzing task data to anticipate and address barriers, appropriately communicates and resolves or escalates any problems that arise.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level.
• Able to work well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
• Partners with the Business - Acts as valued partner to the business, develops relationships with the customer, deals honestly and effectively with business partners, is seen in a positive light by the business/customer.
• Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal/external customers, gets customer information and uses it for improvements, acts with the customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Domestic Travel - 5%
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S for any employer without sponsorship.
• Minimum travel required with no restrictions to travel outside the U.S.
• Job location: Houston preferred. Other location - Chicago
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Division: 47 Technology/IT
Function: Information Technology
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled