United Airlines Project Manager in Chicago, Illinois
This role can be in Chicago, Houston, or Cerritos
As we transform our core customer technology platforms, we invite you to join the team in enabling the journey!
The Project manager plays a critical role in managing the estimation, planning, execution and delivery of the functionality of our core PSS capabilities and PSS Transformation roadmap. This high-energy, detailed oriented individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help proactively identify risks, communicate and resolve issues and highlight opportunities to maximize the benefit of IT and Business investments.
• Coordination all of parts and aspects of a project or program of medium to high complexity, priority, and risk.
• Work with department management to clearly define project scope and objectives.
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Develop detailed estimate.
• Create project plan and schedule based upon deliverables.
• Track, manage, and clear roadblocks to the original plan as necessary to ensure success.
• Escalate problems as necessary to ensure awareness and seek assistance with resolution.
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
• Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
• Help motivate team members to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within budget
• Act as a liaison between the project team and management
• Work with finance team to secure funding
• Prepare and present progress reports
• Coordinate internal and third-party resources, ensure resource availability and allocation
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
• Associates or Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
• In-depth knowledge of one or more PSS functional areas – reservations, inventory, departure management
• Expert knowledge of airline systems, functionality, and industry standards
• Expert knowledge of project management, business case development and business analysis
• Expert problem-solving, listening, written and verbal communication, and decision-making skills
• Effective influencer and ability to work with large cross-functional teams to manage, support and solve problems
• Ability to understand, communicate and engage effectively with multiple stakeholders at all levels
• Proven skills in project planning, roadmap development and detailed status reporting
•Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
•Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
•Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
•include everything under
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Division: 47 Technology/IT
Function: Information Technology
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled