United Airlines Senior Analyst - IT in Chicago, Illinois
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions. This role is part of the Employee Experience Digital Technology Team that provides solutions to our Human Resource and Payroll business partners.
Job overview and responsibilities
In this role as Senior Analyst, you will be part of a team responsible for the development and stability of Human Resource and Payroll applications. Apply business process knowledge and technical understanding of the systems when delivering solutions that meet our customers’ goals. Collaborate with internal and external IT teams, both on and offshore, to ensure timely and quality implementations. Prepare specified project documentation according to United’s standards. Maintain communication with our customers and team members and promote a team environment.
· Facilitate meetings with Technology and Business resources to refine requirements, define scope, and facilitate delivery of best practice solutions
· Assess approach and solution design to ensure business requirements are effectively met
· Participate in complex project discussions that require subject matter expertise
· Capable of overseeing projects that support HR and Payroll initiatives
· Collaborate with business, support, and development teams recommending system enhancements, evaluating integration impacts, and identifying automation opportunities.
· Oversee production deployments in compliance with United’s change management standards.
· Work independently and makes decisions within guidelines & policy
· Provide strategic guidance and support to our business partners in the procurement and integration of external systems.
· Partner with various help desk teams and create knowledge articles as needed to ensure enhancements and new features are properly supported
· Participate in Sarbanes-Oxley and General Data Protection Regulation system audits
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration - or equivalent experience, education, or training
· 5 or more years IT and/or business analysis experience supporting Human Resource and/or Payroll applications, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
· Ability to use SQL or other query tools to perform analysis
· Teamwork - Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
· Technical Expertise - Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
· Partners with the Business - Acts as valued partner to the business, develops relationships with the customer, deals honestly and effectively with business partners, is seen in a positive light by the business/customer.
· Dedication - Involves demonstrating a desire to dedicate time and energy to accomplish goals, tasks, assignments, etc. Will do what it takes to get things done.
· Communication Skills- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level.
· Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
· Experience with Microsoft Development Languages: VB.Net and C#.Net
· 2-5 years of hands on experience with Peoplesoft HCM a plus
· Familiarity with code source and change management tools such as TFS, Phire, Quest/STAT Change Management, Service Now a plus
· Proficient in MS Office products such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Division: 47 Technology/IT
Function: Information Technology
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled