United Airlines Sr AWS/.Net Developer, Customer Travel Platforms L4 - Houston or Chicago in Houston, Texas
Job overview and responsibilities
If you have what it takes to bridge the gap between innovation and flawless execution, join our Customer Travel team and help build industry-leading platforms to transform our customer’s journey.
This role will ensure that our investments in customer travel are sustainable and meaningfully improve the experience of our customers and coworkers. This is a critical development role, collaborating across multiple teams, in a fast pace environment, developing new services and modernization of legacy services in an industry leading, 24/7 operation.
· Full stack developer working on critical frameworks, core business capabilities and modernization of legacy services as applications are migrated to the cloud
· Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing critical software systems and/or applications with a focus on continually improving our customer’s journey
· Design advanced .NET application using C#, WCF, Web API, LINQ, MVC and various data access layers
· Design, develop and support seating applications in AWS
· Ensure regulatory compliance requirements are addressed (e.g., PCI, PII, GDPR)
· Ensure security requirements are addressed
· Demonstrate an innovative mentality by staying aware of new developments within the technology space and identify which new technologies to adapt to provide value to our business.
· Ensure commitments are delivered on time, pass unit testing, meet functional and non-functional requirements
· Support enterprise quality assurance teams
· Work closely with team members in agile development environment where continuous integration and continuous delivery are critical
· Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of alternative solutions
· Support, maintain, and document software functionality. Identify, evaluate and learn new technologies for implementation.
· Size and estimate development efforts. Define and manage development build plans.
· Analyze and refactor code periodically to keep it up to standards
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, other related field or 8 years of equivalent work experience required.· Minimum 6 years of hands-on software development experience with .NET technologies in enterprise systems with high availability and performance requirements.· Experience with .NET core, JAVA, Python, CI/CD, SQL, NoSQL, MQ and event processing.· Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience with foundational AWS Services/AWS native technologies such as EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, EKS, Lambda, AmazonMQ, Apache Camel, API Gateway, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, etc.· Prior knowledge working on serverless technologies, services and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)· Experience with security principles: authentication, authorization, OAUTH, SAML, public-private key encryption, asymmetric encryption, symmetric encryption, token validation, encoding, single sign-on· Familiar in implementing and integrating with regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., PCI, PII, GDPR).· Experience working with team members in high performance, agile development environment where continuous integration and continuous delivery are critical· Experience with end-to-end CI/CD solutions using platforms like TeamCity, GoCD.· Minimum 4 years experience with seats applications like Seatmaps, Manage Seat, SRE, ASE· Minimum 1 year experience in Travel Ready Center applications.· Experience with eventing technologies· Minimum 2 years’ experience in building docker container and Images and working with Datadog for application monitoring.· Experience with cloud security controls, DevOps and CICD pipelines· Knowledgeable with microservices and how they are applied in a cloud environment· Data-driven analysis, good communication skills, quantitative reasoning, and a strong desire to learn and implement new technologies.· Good written and verbal communication skills; the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level.· Support, maintain, and document software functionality.· Identify evaluate and learn new technologies for implementation.· Size and estimate development efforts. Define and manage development build plans.· Analyze and refactor code periodically to keep it up to standards· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship· Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification· Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position· Prior airline experience requiredPreferred· AWS Certification· Basic knowledge of SHARES including finding/reading PNRs
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Division: 47 Technology/IT
Function: Information Technology
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled