United Airlines Security Officer in San Francisco, California
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Technical Operations is the maintenance, repair and overhaul division of United. The department includes aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities teams, supply chain teams and more.
Security Officer - CA (SFO)
Starting Salary: 14.52 per hour with scheduled increases to top scale in Five Years.
Benefits include the following (plus many others not listed): Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K retirement savings
Working at United Airlines also comes with amazing flight privileges that provide the
opportunity to see the world for you and your immediate family members!
Job overview and responsibilities
Company required guarding and protecting of gates, entrances, buildings, facilities and other designated posts in and about premises designated by the Company
• Inspecting and recording as required of parcels and containers being carried on or off such premises by employees and non-employees
• Guarding or inspecting as required of any property, instrument, facility or vehicle while on Company premises
• Patrolling of designated areas and may include the accomplishment to notify rounds by turning keys in the appropriate receptacle(s)
• Protecting against and reporting to the Company as required any act of sabotage, destruction of, damage to or theft of property or facilities, or work in process or any threat of sabotage, destruction of, damage to or theft of property of facilities, or dangerous conditions or irregularities discovered or observed and taking necessary safe-guarding steps when practicable, and assisting in apprehending the guilty party or parties
• Other duties involving internal security and the protection of premises, and may include the staffing of control centers, as designated by the Company
• Responsible for the guiding and assisting of emergency medical and/or fire department personnel to areas of need
• Security Officer who has completed his probationary period may, in addition to his work responsibilities as a Security Officer, be required to train another employee in the Security Officers' classification
High School diploma or GED/equivalent
A valid security guard registration (Guard Card)
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must possess a valid state issued driver's license
Acceptable driving record
Must be able to work during day and night shifts, weekends, and holidays; mandatory overtime may be required based on operational need.
Must be able to work outdoors in all temperatures and weather conditions.
Must pass a background check including FAA and U.S. Postal Services clearances
- Industrial security experience and police/military background preferred.
United will consider applicants with criminal histories consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
Reliable, punctual attendance is essential function of the position
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Division: 66 Technical Operations/Maintenance
Function: Tech Ops / Maintenance - Line / Individual Contributor
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled